I have been given the Stylish Blogger Award by Giang at Keen on Scrapbooking and Card Making. First of all I just have to say how very flattered I am. I discovered Giang fairly recently when I participated in my first ever blog hop. I'm constantly impressed with her creations. She has a wonderful talent and if you haven't already stopped by I would highly suggest that you do so.
Giang, thank you again for this award!The rules of this award are that I have to pick 8 other bloggers that I find are Stylish and share 8 facts about myself. I'll start with the facts.
- I have loved scrapbooking and card making for many years. I loved wandering around craft stores looking at all of the neat things. My first projects were very primitive. I was intimidated by all of the things I saw in the stores. I didn't know how to use them and they all seemed so expensive! I watched an infomercial for the Cricut Expression in 2008 and told my mom that it was all I wanted for Christmas. I got one. I was such a happy camper! I ruined my first mat by putting wrapping paper on it! I couldn't wait to try it out. I began watching tutorials on YouTube and quickly found The Pink Stamper. I was so very grateful to her for sharing her knowledge. I quickly became more comfortable and began shopping the scrapbooking areas with confidence. I'm a total dork and I have still have to show my mom EVERYTHING I make.
- I am ultra girly. I love Hello Kitty, Barbie, anything pink, glitter, romantic comedies, jewelry, makeup and shoes. I have a collection of Wizard of Oz Barbies, and I'm working on getting the newest line that they've come out with. My mom and sister keep expecting me to outgrow my love of these things... but I don't think I will.
- I love music. I listen to a lot of country and show tunes hold a place in my heart. I love singing in the car. Old gospel songs are a favorite of mine when I'm driving. Pandora is the 2nd most used app on my phone (behind Facebook). I was in choir all through school and played cello as well.... although I wasn't very good at cello.
- I have a niece and a nephew. My niece will be 3 this year and my nephew will be 1. My niece spends at least a day a week with me. Every Sunday my boyfriend and I pick her up and take her with us to church. My mom meets us there and then we spend the afternoon at my parents' place. She has so much personality for such a tiny person. I get so much joy from spending time with her. I can't wait for my nephew to be old enough to come with us, too. He is such a handsome little guy.
- I'm in school. I'm working on an Elementary Education degree. I started it 8 years ago and ended up putting work ahead of school and putting it on hold. After 5 years of "meaning to go back" I started again last September. I love being back in school. I still work full time, but I'm fortunate enough to now have a job that allows me to be flexible with scheduling. I wish I could take more classes at a time, but I'm committed to sticking with it this time. I'll be taking summer classes as well to get it finished as quickly as I can.
- I have to fall asleep with the tv on or I'll lay there for hours with thoughts whizzing around in my head. My brain is constantly "going". I've tried falling asleep to music, but it seems to take longer.
- I believe that my ability to create things is a gift from God. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how He wants me to use my gift, but I am so looking forward to learning.
- I have 2 middle names. The first is Rose. Rose was the name of my grandmother's best friend in high school. My grandparents eloped on the day they graduated from high school. My great uncle drove them to a small Lutheran Church one town over and they got married and went back and graduated. My grandfather's parents knew. My grandmother's did not. She told them she was staying the night at Rose's.... instead they spent a night together in a hotel in San Antonio. (I only learned that last part recently). The second is Corrine. Corrine was the middle name of my grandmother's biological mother. Her parents divorced when she was a baby. They had 3 children together... 2 boys and a girl. My great grandmother, Alice Corrine, had another daughter from a previous marriage. When they divorced my great grandfather kept their 3 children and eventually remarried. His second wife had 3 children as well... 2 girls and a boy. My grandmother never really got to know Alice, and I don't know the details of why she left. I don't think my grandmother ever really did, either.
Whew... that was long! Ok.. on to 8 more bloggers!
- The first blogger I'm choosing is Sarita at Little Princess Cards. Her creations are bold, clean and elegant. She uses beautiful stamps and makes very professional looking cards
- Next I'm picking Paper Junkie. I love that she makes more than just cards and scrapbook pages. She creates lots of fun things! If you stop by make sure you check out her "Boy Bouquet." It's fabulous!
- Next I'm choosing Nicole over at Scramp-It. She's a new blogger, but I'm loving her creations! She uses wonderful papers and is quite talented.
- I am also very impressed by Sandy at Scrappin' With Sandy. I absolutely love her cards! She puts small details in her cards that make them super interesting to look at!
- Minta's Creations is the next blogger that I've chosen. Her creations are fun and whimsical. I think so far my favorite thing that she's made has been the gift bags she made out of paper lunch bags. They're adorable!
- Claire at Kleirr's Kreation uses color in such a fun way! I love looking at her creations. She's very talented and I admire how much detail goes into her cards and layouts.
- The blog I've chosen is Cootie Creations. I very recently stumbled across the blog and so far I really love what I see! I can't wait to see more from her!
- The last (not at all a statement about talent) blogger that I've chosen for this award is a blogger that I know has already received this award. I've chosen Shauna at Craftee She. Shauna is on the MPS design team (which is how I found her blog). I have to say that I've loved each and every creation that I've seen. I also love that she posts things often. I highly suggest subscribing to her.